Active Kids Terms and Conditions
A. Campaign terms and conditions
1. Qualifying Organisations may participate in Active Kids 2017.
2. Qualifying Organisations include UK and ROI nurseries, schools, Scouts or Girlguiding groups (defined as Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers and Scout Network and Rainbows, Brownies, Girlguiding and Senior Section) and Clubmark accredited (or acceptable equivalent) sports clubs (“Nursery”, “School”, “Group” or “Sports Club”) (“Organisation”).
4. Participation is restricted to nurseries, schools, Scout and Girlguiding groups and sports clubs in the UK and ROI only.
5. Organisations that participated in Active Kids 2016 are automatically registered to participate in Active Kids 2017. If your nursery, school, Scouts or Girlguiding group or sports club has not already registered, please advise a member of staff or a group leader to visit activekids.sainsburys.co.uk to register.
6. Participating sports clubs must hold a Clubmark accreditation (or acceptable equivalent) and be affiliated to a recognised National Governing Body of Sport (NGBs). Full terms and conditions, including the list of NGBs can be found at activekids.sainsburys.co.uk Clubmark accreditation applies only to England and Northern Ireland (as these are the only countries where this accreditation exists). Acceptable equivalent for Scotland: Junior provision, affiliated to a recognised NGB and NGB accreditation in respect of Junior provision. Acceptable equivalent for Wales: Junior provision and affiliated to a recognised NGB. These acceptable equivalents have been determined by the Sports Councils of the Home Countries, Sport England, Sport Scotland, Sport Northern Ireland and The Sports Council for Wales.
7. By participating in the scheme, Organisations give consent to Sainsbury’s using their details in local press and publicity materials to promote the scheme.
8. If your Organisation no longer wishes to benefit from the scheme, please write to Sainsbury’s Active Kids, PO Box 100, Blackburn BB2 9FL.
9 . Active Kids vouchers are issued at Sainsbury’s supermarkets, Sainsbury’s Locals, petrol filling stations and Sainsbury’s online grocery shop ‘Sainsburys.co.uk’.
10. Vouchers are issued for purchases made between 25 January 2017 and 2 May 2017 (inclusive).
11. One voucher to be issued for each complete £10 spent in a single transaction at all Sainsbury’s Supermarkets and online groceries, and for each complete £5 spent in a single transaction at Sainsbury’s Locals and petrol filling stations, excluding purchases from Concessions and Tobacco Kiosks. Vouchers cannot be claimed for purchases of prescription medicines, infant formulae, spirits, liqueurs, National Lottery tickets, scratch cards, stamps, e-top up, phone cards, gift cards and Comic Relief merchandise. Vouchers are not issued for car related products or fuel sold by BP or ESSO at Sainsbury's Local in partnership with Euro Garages Stores.
12. Sale, auction or retendering of vouchers for money or otherwise is prohibited. Vouchers may only be transferred to Organisations registered with
13. The number of Active Kids vouchers required for each item of equipment, sports kits, cooking equipment, Ingredients Cards, PGL adventure course and/or active coaching sessions is as stated in the catalogue.
14. Registered participating nurseries, schools, Scouts and Girlguiding groups and sports clubs ordering goods, sports kits, cooking equipment, Ingredients Cards, PGL adventure courses and/or active coaching sessions from this Active Kids 2017 catalogue must send all vouchers and accompanying order form to the designated handling house by 28 July 2017. NO VOUCHERS OR ORDERS SENT AFTER THIS DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
15. Additional terms and conditions apply and are available at the Customer Service Desk of Sainsbury’s stores and at activekids.sainsburys.co.uk The voucher is and remains the property of Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT and is not for resale.
B. How to place an order
1. You can place your order online at Sainsburys.co.uk/ActiveKids between 3 May 2017 and 28 July 2017. Remember that when you send us your vouchers, you will also need to include a printed copy of your order form. Alternatively you can download and complete the order form at Sainsburys.co.uk/ActiveKids Your vouchers and physical copy of the order form must be sent by 28 July 2017. Please ensure that you send us the correct number of vouchers with your order form including any vouchers that you wish to bank for 2018. Please separate the vouchers into 1s, 5s and till printed vouchers.
2. You can bank vouchers to use for Active Kids 2018. Please follow the instructions found in the ‘How to order’ section on page 116 of the printed catalogue and complete the online order form accordingly.
3. Cash payments cannot be accepted to top-up orders.
4. We offer free collection of vouchers and order forms via ParcelForce Worldwide. To take advantage ofthis free service, visit activekids.sainsburys.co.uk and follow the instructions. Collections can be booked from 3 May 2017 to 26 July 2017 and the last collection will be made on 28 July 2017.
5. ‘Same day collection service’ of vouchers is not available and all collections must be made during school opening hours. ParcelForce Worldwide collection slots are subject to availability.
6. ParcelForce Worldwide collections will be made from the Organisation’s registered address. If collection is required from another address, please enter this address when booking the collection online at activekids.sainsburys.co.uk.
7. Vouchers and order forms may be picked up from a private address of a nominated member of a Scouts or Girlguiding group or Clubmark accredited (or acceptable equivalent) sports club, within normal business hours. Alternatively Scout and Girlguiding groups and Clubmark accredited (or acceptable equivalent) sports clubs can arrange for their vouchers and order form (collated and labelled separately) to be collected from their nearest participating school. Vouchers and order forms may also be dropped off at your local Post Office®, on the condition that they are packed in the pre-provided packaging which was included in the welcome pack prior to the start of the scheme in January 2017. The last collection made from the Post Office® will be on 28 July 2017.
8. ParcelForce Worldwide will not offer compensation for lost or damaged vouchers. Vouchers collected by ParcelForce Worldwide, but not delivered to the handling house, will be honoured at the discretion of Sainsbury’s.
9. If you do not use ParcelForce Worldwide and the process as specified, and instead choose to send vouchers via Royal Mail® or another courier at your own cost, your package must contain your completed order form with the correct number of vouchers and be sent to the address stated in the ‘How to order’ section on page 116.
10. If you do not use the free ParcelForce Worldwide service, Sainsbury’s is unable to reimburse the cost to the Organisation for lost or damaged vouchers.
11. Deadline to order: The physical copy of the order form and vouchers must be sent by 28 July 2017 or the vouchers will become invalid and hold no value. NO VOUCHERS OR ORDERS SENT AFTER THIS DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
C. Cooking and Nutrition Toolkits
1.1. The Cooking and Nutrition Toolkits have been written for nurseries, schools, Scouts and Girlguiding groups in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
1.2. The Primary and Secondary school awards and Scout and Girlguiding Toolkits have been developed in conjunction with the British Nutrition Foundation. Teachers and Leaders should use their own discretion when using the award and toolkits, modifying where necessary to take into account their class/group’s specific needs, including allergens, cultural differences etc. Teachers and Group Leaders must exercise an appropriate level of supervision when children and young people in their care engage in Active Kids cooking activities.
2. Ordering certificates
2.1. Certificates are available to Primary and Secondary schools only.
2.2. Certificates may be ordered via your Active Kids account at activekids.sainsburys.co.uk Certificates will normally be despatched to the school within 28 days.
2.3. Cash payments cannot be accepted to top-up orders.
D. Active coaching sessions
1. The number of vouchers per active coaching session is as specified in this catalogue. To order, simply complete the order form and send in your vouchers as specified in section B of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Once your order has been verified, we will send a letter to your Organisation outlining the active coaching session booking procedure.
3. The active coaching sessions for 2017 must be taken by 31 July 2018
4. When booking your coaching session you should confirm the class/group size and ages together with details of any specific conditions or requirements for participating children. For Fitness Training, Cheerleading and Dance coaching sessions the class/group size is limited to a maximum of 30. For Martial Arts sessions the class/group size is limited to a maximum of 25. Remember to quote your unique reference number.
5. Active coaching sessions must be booked a minimum of 28 days in advance. A letter will be sent containing the coach’s name and contact details and this letter will act as confirmation of the booking. The letter must be retained and shown to the coach upon request. If a valid booking letter is not shown, the instructor reserves the rightnot to give the session. The letter will also include a ‘Satisfactory completion of sessions’ form, which should be completed and signed on behalf of the Organisation immediately after each session(s) has been completed.
6. Once a booking has been made, any changes are subject to the agreement and availability of the coach. Any requests for amendment should be made by the Organisation using the contact details provided in the confirmation letter.
7. Coaches with DBS checks will be provided.
8. The Organisation is responsible for liaising with the coach to ensure that all necessary equipment is available for the session. The coach reserves the right to refuse use of unsuitable equipment.
9. No equipment will be provided for the running of the session by the promotion organiser. Other equipment loan is at the discretion of the coach or the coach’s club.
10. If booking a Judo coaching session, special Judo mats may be required for safety.
11. Some activities are not suitable for all children, please tell the coach in advance if you have any specific conditions or requirements for participating children. The coach will then advise if the activity is suitable for them.
12. The content of the activity may vary depending on the chosen session. Session duration is 1 hour.
13. Individuals taking part in any active coaching session take part at their own risk. It is recommended that schools contact their LEA to discuss the appropriate insurance requirements.
14. Should the Organisation or LEA have specific insurance requirements regarding Personal Indemnity Liability Insurance cover, please check with the instructor a minimum of 14 days before the session.
15. Images and descriptions of the active coaching sessions as described in the promotional literature are intended as a guide and may not accurately reflect the coaching session provided.
16. All information detailed is subject to change throughout the promotion and is correct at time of going to print.
17. Participation in an active coaching session implies acceptance of the terms and conditions
E. PGL adventure courses
1. The offer is based on 25% off multi-activity weekends and/or mid-week bookings on both course durations (PGL Day Camps and PGL residential multi-activity courses), as quoted in 2017/18 PGL brochure prices (excluding VAT), for travel between Monday 24 July 2017 and Friday 11 May 2018 only. Day Camps only operate on Monday.
2. The offer is subject to availability and cannot be used retrospectively.
3. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
4. PGL booking terms and conditions apply. Please refer to pgl.co.uk for full terms and conditions.
5. Once the booking is made, all contact and administration is through PGL.
6. Customers must advise at the time of booking that they will be redeeming Active Kids vouchers.
7. The minimum group size is 8 children.
8. Offer only applies to multi-activity courses in the UK.
F. Active equipment and kit terms and conditions
1.1. Terms 1-13 of the active equipment and kit terms and conditions apply to all orders by Organisationsfor products available from this Sainsbury’s Active Kids catalogue (the “Goods”). By placing an equipment or kit order the Organisation accepts the active equipment and kit terms and conditions. The parties to the Supply Contract (the “Contract”)are the Organisation and the appropriate supplier/contractor. Sainsbury’s is not a party to the Contract.
1.2. The explanatory pages in this Sainsbury’s Active Kids catalogue form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between the catalogue and these terms and conditions then these terms and conditions will apply.
2. The products
2.1. The number of vouchers required for each product will be clearly stated in this Sainsbury’s Active Kids catalogue. The registered Organisation should order Goods from this catalogue in the manner described in this catalogue and in PartB of these terms and conditions. All Goods are subject to availability. Goods will be delivered tothe Organisation directly from the relevant supplier named in the catalogue.
2.2. Once an order has been placed it cannot be changed or cancelled.
2.3. If for any reason the ordered Goods are not available or have been discontinued, the Supplier reserves the right to substitute an alternative product of similar or greater value equivalent to the product ordered.
2.4. The Goods in the catalogue are supplied only for the sole use of the ordering Registered Organisation. They may not be exported, auctioned, exchanged or re-sold.
3. Promotional material
3.1. No drawings, descriptive matter, weights or dimensions issued by the supplier or the manufacturer of the Goods, nor the descriptions and illustrations contained in this catalogue or other promotional material, will form part of the Contract nor be regarded as a warranty or representation relating to the Goods.
4. Active Kids vouchers
4.1. The number of vouchers required for Goods in thisSainsbury’s Active Kids catalogue is as stated and is not subject to negotiation.
4.2. All orders and vouchers must be sent to the handling house by 28 July 2017. NO VOUCHERS OR ORDERS SENT AFTER THIS DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
5. Customer helpline
5.1. If your Organisation has any concerns or queries relating to goods included in or ordered from this Active Kids catalogue, please contact the helpline (0800 276 1111*). Goods are supplied direct from the relevant supplier named in the catalogue. *All calls to this number are free.
5.2. The Active Kids helpline (0800 276 1111†) will be available Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) between 9am and 5pm.†All calls to this number are free.
6. Delivery, orders and prices
6.1. Delivery will be made to the Organisation named on the order form by the end of October 2017. Every effort will be made to fulfil all deliveries during this time. In the event of a delay, Organisations will be informed.
6.2. Delivery may be made in instalments. Each package or delivery note will clearly state the Goods included in that delivery.
6.3. Where Goods require installation; the Organisation is responsible for the installation (and any associated costs) in accordance with the supplier’s
instructions. The Organisation is responsible for any loss or damage to the Goods from the pointof delivery.
6.4. Acceptance of the Goods takes place on delivery. No claim for damaged Goods or shortage will be considered unless the Supplier is advised in writing within 28 days of delivery.
7. Property in the Goods
7.1. Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Organisation when the Goods are delivered to that Organisation.
8.1. The Organisation may not cancel or amend its order, or extend or delay this Contract or any part of it. We regret that the Supplier cannot provide alternate goods or credit (either in the form of vouchers or cash) if Goods are returned as unwanted.
9.1. The Suppliers warrant that all Goods supplied comply with existing EC/UK legislation and Standards.
10. Guarantee and limitations
10.1. Where the Supplier is not the manufacturer of the Goods or ultimate licensor of the software (asappropriate) the Supplier will make every effort to
transfer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer or ultimate licensor to the Organisation.
10.2. Unless the Supplier has notified the Organisation otherwise, the Supplier will repair, or at it discretion, replace any Goods manufactured by the Supplier (other than software) that are proved to the reasonable satisfaction of the Supplier to be defective in material and workmanship (fair wear and tear excepted), provided such defects are notified to the Supplier within 12 months of the date of dispatch.
10.3. The obligations set out in clause 10.2 will not apply where:
10.3.1. The Goods have been altered (otherwise than by the Supplier) in any way whatsoever or have been subjected to misuse or unauthorised repair; or
10.3.2. The Goods have been improperly installed or connected (unless the Supplier carried out such installation and connection); or
10.3.3. The Organisation has failed to observe any maintenance or storage requirements relating to the Goods which have previously been communicated to the Organisation by the Supplier; or
10.3.4. The Organisation has failed to notify the Supplier of any defect or suspected defect within 28 days of the same coming to the notice of the Organisation.
10.4. Any Goods returned after replacement will belong to the Supplier. Any repaired or replacement Goods will be guaranteed on these terms for the original guarantee period. Warranties on repaired or replacement Goods will expire at the end of the original warranty period.
10.5. Save as provided in clauses 10.1 and 10.2 the Supplier will be under no liability under theContract for any consequential loss or damage or otherwise, including, but not limited to, loss of profits, manufacture or supply of the Goods or in any connection with any statement given or made (or advice not given or made) by or on behalf of the Supplier.
10.6. The Organisation is responsible for ensuring that faulty Goods returned to the Supplier for repair or replacement are free from biological, chemical and radioactive hazard. The Supplier reserves the right to refuse to accept Goods which in its view present a hazard to its staff or which may infringe Health and Safety at Work legislation or which are without a signed certificate that the effective disinfection or decontamination has been carried out.
11.1. The Supplier may assign its rights and obligations under the Contract to another company within the Supplier’s Group. The Organisation may not assign any of its rights and obligations under the Contract without the appropriate Supplier’s prior written consent.
12. Force majeure
12.1. The supplier will not be liable for failure or delay in delivery or performance of their obligations under this Contract due to any cause beyond their reasonable control.
13. Governing law
13.1. This Contract and any order placed hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
G. Double value Ingredients Card
1. The Promotion is open to Active Kids Organisations the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland only.
2. Limited to one offer per Organisation, on the first order for 2017 only.
3. Provided an Ingredients Card is included in an Organisation’s first 2017 order, Sainsbury’s will double the value of the first Ingredients Card ordered, up to the value of an additional £25.
4. The total value of Ingredients Card orders will be provided on one card. The Promoter of this campaign is Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT.
H. How to order
1. You can place your order online at activekids.sainsburys.co.uk between 3 May 2017 and 28 July 2017. Remember that when you send us your vouchers, you’ll also need to include a printed copy of your order form.
Your vouchers and physical copy of the order form must be received by 28 July 2017. Please list the items you wish to order and clearly state the total voucher values in the boxes indicated on the order form.
2. Remember to enclose the correct number of vouchers with your order form and separate the vouchers into 1s and 5s till printed vouchers.
3. Use our free collection service via ParcelForce Worldwide to send us your vouchers and order form. Keep hold of the ParcelForce bag that is in your Welcome Pack to use at the end of the scheme.
Collections can be booked from 3 May 2017 to 26 July 2017 and the last collection will be made on 28 July 2017.
Visit activekids.sainsburys.co.uk and follow the instructions.
4. If you do not want to take advantage of the free ParcelForce Worldwide collection, please send via Royal Mail® or another
courier at your own cost to: Sainsbury’s AK17, PO Box 100, Blackburn BB2 9FL. Your package must contain your completed order form with the correct number of vouchers.
5. The physical copy of the order form and vouchers must be sent by 28 July 2017 or the vouchers will become invalid and hold no value. Remember, we can only accept orders and vouchers sent by 28 July 2017 – so don’t leave it too late.
6. You’ll be pleased to hear that we have re-introduced banking meaning that you will be able to ‘bank’ or carry over any unused vouchers to Active Kids 2018. Please note that vouchers can only be carried over once, so any vouchers banked during the 2017 scheme must be used when ordering in Active Kids 2018.
If you wish to bank any vouchers for Active Kids 2018, please specify by ticking the box at the bottom of your order form or at the end of the online ordering process. Please remember that any vouchers that you wish to bank for Active Kids 2018 must be sent back to us by 28 July, even if you are not ordering items this year.
I. Delivery to your organisation
Delivery of equipment to your organisation will be made by the end of October 2017. If you order more than one item, they may arrive separately. Each parcel will contain a delivery note clearly stating its contents, so that you can keep track of your order. Orders for coaching sessions and PGL adventure courses will be arranged with you based on your preference for date/delivery.
If you have any queries, please call the Active Kids helpline on 0800 2 76 1111†
†All calls to this number are free.